This post continues the series started here, in which I present a selection of articles published or forthcoming in academic journals that might be of interest to readers of this blog. As before, the focus is on articles in political philosophy, political theory, and legal theory. And as before, if I’ve left out anything that you think our readers should take a look at, please feel free to share the information in the comments thread!
I decided not to post abstracts this time. In almost every case, the abstract can obtained by clicking through, even in the case of gated links.
Arizona State Law Journal
- Jacob Levy, “The Right to Be Dignified, or the Dignity of Liberty,” forthcoming. (Ungated link)
- Symposium on “Property: A Bundle of Rights”?
- The whole issue is online free here and includes essays by Robert Ellickson, Richard Epstein, and many others. Also see the accompanying podcast here.
- Jason Brennan, “For-Profit Business as Civic Virtue,” forthcoming. (Gated link)
- Benjamin Powell and Matt Zwolinski, “The Ethical and Economic Case Against Sweatshop Labor: A Critical Assessment,” forthcoming. (Gated link, Ungated link)
- Paula Casal, “Global Taxes on Natural Resources” (Gated link)
- Hillel Steiner, “The Global Fund: A Reply to Casal” (Gated link)
- Thomas Pogge, “Allowing the Poor to Share the Earth” (Gated link)
- Kevin Vallier, “Against Public Reason Liberalism’s Accessibility Requirement” (Gated link, Ungated link)
- Ian Carter, “Debate: The Myth of Merely Formal Freedom,” vol. 19, no. 4 (December, 2011). (Gated Link)
- Rosemary Lowry and Martin Peterson, “Pure Time Preference,” vol. 92, no. 4 (December, 2011). (Gated link)
- David Estlund, “Human Nature and the Limits (If Any) of Political Philosophy,” vol. 39, no. 3 (Summer 2011). (Gated link)
- Miriam Ronzoni, “Life Is Not a Camping Trip – On the Desirability of Cohenite Socialism,” forthcoming. (Gated link)
- Lisa Herzog, “Higher and Lower Virtues In Commercial Society: Adam Smith and Motivation Crowding Out,” vol. 10, no. 4 (November, 2011). (Gated link)
- Simon Brinbaum, “Should Surfers Be Ostracized? Basic Income, Liberal Neutrality, and the Work Ethos,” vol. 10, no. 4 (November, 2011). (Gated link)
- Peter Vallentyne, “Enforcement Rights Against Non-Culpable Non-Just Intrusion,” vol. 24, no. 4. (Gated link)
- The entire issue is available as a free PDF here and contains a number of articles of interest. Some highlights include:
- Jennifer Baker, “Meaning in the Market: The Incompatibility of F.A. Hayek’s and Ayn Rand’s Accounts of the Free Market” (Ungated link)
- Stephen Kershnar, “Libertarian Arguments for Anarchism” (Ungated link)